STEP ONE: Foundation Training
Before GD&T can be correctly applied to the national standards by individual Engineers, it is essential that the philosophy is clearly understood, the core training is specially designed to:
- Ensure clarity of purpose in the group
- Expose Engineers to the philosophy of GD&T
- Introduce and demonstrate the use of GD&T in accordance to the adopted standards
- Convey an understanding for the meaning of the Geometric symbols
- Illustrate the application of GD&T to specific parts
The Foundation Training session is compiled for those who need an understanding of GD&T and the fundamentals of applying it. It is specific to a single standard but includes the difference between the two common standards, ISO (BS8888) and ASME Y14.5 2009.
This 3 day training course will cover the fundamentals of GD&T as well as a comprehensive study of the 14 Geometric symbols, the Datum System and rules to apply GD&T.
Within the session there are practical demonstrations and Tolerance calculation exercises. Workbooks are provided.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to create or understand an engineering drawing or 3D GD&T Annotated CAD model.
Aims of the course:
- To expose you to the philosophy of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- To give you an update to this technique of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- To convey an understanding for the use and the meaning of the Geometric symbols.
- To help you apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and functional tolerances to your own part esensure interchangeability.
- To give you an understanding of where Gauge sizes come from.